Wednesday 14 August 2019

It's been a long, long time...

My blog has been neglected. I have not posted for years.

This was not deliberate neglect, and not because of a lack of inspiration. It was not that my creativity, my love of photography, writing and all things dark, had waned. It was, I am afraid, nothing other than financial need getting in the way.

I had been forced to succumb to the pressures of the working week.
Illness also played its part.
I found that photography, my poetry and my fiction simply slipped beneath the quagmire that is life.

Necessity takes precedence over preference after a while, and before long the things that are a passion to us get sucked down in the silt and trodden under the feet of our 'better' judgement.

My 'better' judgement meant well, but it didn't really know what was best for me. So, tentatively, I am venturing back into the writing community.
I have tweaked my blog a little (I have changed, therefore it must change), and I will endeavour to post things...words, perhaps, if some come to me.

Way back, in the day, I had intended to publish a collection of my dark poetry. I don't see that happening now. I very rarely write poetry anymore and have changed my priorities, choosing, instead, to focus on a manuscript that I almost completed ten years ago.

My poems, and short stories, I am likely to post here, free for anyone who might care to read them, along with the photography I occasionally get time to tinker with. And any other twitterings and musings that come to my mind.

Perhaps someone  will enjoy them.



No comments:

Post a Comment